Stir fried vermicelli glass noodle RecipePrint This
- 125g Vermicelli glass noodle (dong fen) , soaked in tap water for 5 minutes, and then blanch in hot boiling water for another 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Half chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Half stick of chinese sausage, sliced
- 4 prawns, de shelled, and de veined. keep it’s heads for cooking later
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 1/8 tspn sesame oil
- 1 tbspn minced garlic
- 1 red pepper de seed, and juliened
- 2 bird eye chillies, finely chopped.
- A handful of koo chye, cut into 2 inches long
- A handful of spring onions, cut into 2 inches long
- Half tbspn light soy sauce
- Half tbspn oyster sauce
- Half tbspn huadiao wine / xiaoshing wine
- 2 tspn dark soy sauce
- 50 ml water
- Pinch of sugar
- Half tspn salt
Heat both oil inside wok over high heat. Stir fry chinese sausage until fragrant and crisp. Add prawns and chicken breast, continue to stir fry for 30 seconds.
Place in minced garlic, red pepper and bird eye chillies, mix well for another 30 seconds.
Toss in noodles, koo chye and spring onion. Turn to medium heat, Pour sauce mixture evenly into wok, stir well. Turn heat to low, add water, mix and let cook for 3 minutes.
Dish and serve hot.