Stir fried longevity noodles RecipePrint This
- 200g Longevity Noodles ( serves 4 )
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of green leaves vegetables of your choice
- Handful of leek, sliced
- Handful of spring onion
- 1 tbspn minced garlic
- 1 tspn fish sauce
- 2 tbspn oyster sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbspn sweetened dark soy sauce ( use this for the dark noodle version )
- 70g pork loin, sliced and marinated
- 1/2 tspn sesame oil
- 1 tbspn oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbspn light soy sauce
- 1/4 salt
- Few dashes white ground pepper
- 1/4 tspn fish sauce
- 1/2 tspn 5 spice powder
Bring 1000ml water to boil. Add in salt and small amount of oil into the boiling water. Place in noodles, let simmer for 8 minutes or longer until reaches desired texture. Sieve and set aside.
Heat oil on pan over medium heat. Brown leek until fragrant, add in marinated pork. Let sear for 2 minute each side. Watch out not to burn the leek.
Add in mushrooms and minced garlic.
Then place in cooked noodles. Pour in oyster sauce and fish sauce. Stir well.
Pour in water, add vegetables and spring onion. Give it a toss and stir well.
Add in dark soy sauce if you wish to have the dark noodles instead. Skip this step for the white version