Stir fried fresh clams with wine RecipePrint This
- 250g fresh clams, washed thoroughly for few times ,and soaked with salt water for at least 20 minutes
- 15g shredded ginger
- 3 tablespoon huadiao wine ( chinese xiaoshing wine)
- 1 tspn salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 1/2 Chicken cube
- 1 tspn sesame oil
- 1 1/2 finely chopped bird eye chillies
- 1 tbspn finely chopped spring onion (white parts), for cooking
- 1 tbspn chopped spring onion (green parts), as garnish
- Half tbspn wolfberries (kei ji)
- 200 ml water
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 2 dashes white pepper
Heat sesame oil and olive oil in deep pot or wok over high heat.
Stir fry ginger until lightly browned. Add in spring onion (white parts) and bird eye chillies, continue to stir for another 30 seconds.
Place in clams, salt, white pepper and sugar, mix well for 30 seconds.
Pour in wine, bring to boil immediately turn heat to low let simmer for 15 seconds. Add water, chicken cube and wolfberries, cover pot continue simmer for another 3 minutes or until clams shell opens up
Garnish with spring onions, serve hot.
A delicacy to have along with bowl of fragrant rice