Well cooked baby spinach fully absorb the smooth paste of saltish sweet fermented bean curd. Each and every strand of soft spinach gives you a pleasant aroma from all the ingredients stir fried together.
Best paired with a steam fish dish, and of course, a bowl of fragrant rice.
Stir fried baby spinach with fermented beancurd RecipePrint This
- Baby Spinach 200g washed and the roots cut off. Drained and set aside.
- 5 bricks of chinese fermented beancurd
- 6 slices ginger (sliced thinly)
- 4 cloves of garlic ( thinly sliced)
- 1/8 tspn sugar
- 5 dried red chillies
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 dashes of white ground pepper
- 1.5 tbspn olive oil
- 1.5 tbspn chinese huatiao
Heat oil in wok over high heat. Brown ginger till fragrant.
Add in all other ingredients except spinach and chinese huatiao ( xiaoshing wine). Stir fry for 30 seconds.
Toss in spinach, stir well with ingredients inside wok, stir fry for 30 seconds, then turn heat to low. let simmer for another 1 minute.
Pour in huatiao, dish out and serve hot.