Steamed minced pork with salted fish RecipePrint This
- 200g minced pork
PORK MARINADE : mix all ingredients below with minced pork and marinate for 5 minutes
- 1 tspn oyster sauce
- Half tspn salt and 1 tspn finely chopped spring onion (the white parts)
- 1 tspn light soy sauce
- 1 tspn minced garlic ( you may also add ginger if you prefer, but i opt out, and it still taste very nice)
- 2 dashes white ground pepper
- 30 ml water
- 15g fresh salted fish, (not the dried type),finely chopped
- 1 tbspn oil which is used to fried salted fish ( i always reserve this oil when i cook claypot salted fish pork belly) , you may use some extra salted fish deep fry to get the oil.
- *this oil will give a distinctively delicious flavour to this particular dish. I assure you it’s worth the hassle! ^.*
Mix all ingredients under pork marinade, remember to firstly put salted fish oil into minced pork and mix well before you place in the rest of ingredients. This helps infuse aroma deeply into meat.
Heat steamer over high heat. Place marinated minced pork onto a flat wide plate, using light pressure, and do not press firm the minced pork, so that the steam would be able to evenly cook the pork and avoid meat from drying and cracking. Put into steamer
Steam over high heat for the first 3 minutes.
Turn heat to as low possible and continue to steam for another 7 minutes.
Garnish with fried shallots and finely chopped spring onion.
Serve hot with rice