Devour this perfectly balanced flavor from teochew-style steam pomfret fish. It’s sourness comes from the plum, one of the main ingredients in this recipe, and saltish taste from pickled vegetables.
If given a hint of rice vinegar into the sauce, it will be more flavorsome and appetizing.
Steam pomfret teochew style RecipePrint This
- 1 medium size silver pomfret
- 2 small slices green mustard vegetables ( julienned)
- 10 g ginger julienned
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms ( soaked for 2 hours before use ) julienned
- 1 small tomato cut into wedges
- Half pack of soft beancurd, cut into cubes
- 1 assam ( salted dried plum) halved / crushed
- Half tbspn chinese huatiao
- Half tbspn light soy sauce
- 1 tspn salt
- 1/8 tspn sesame oil
- 2 dashes white ground pepper
- 1/8 tspn rice vinegar
- 3 tbspn water
Bring water to boil in a steamer over high heat
Meanwhile, place fish on a plate, arrange other ingredients on top and around pomfret.
Pour sauce onto fish. Place dish into steamer.
Steam using high heat for the first 3 minutes.
Turn heat to low and continue steam for another 7 to 10 minutes.
Serve hot with bowl of rice.