Premium (first draw) soy sauce chicken wings RecipePrint This
- 4 medium sized chicken wings
- 8 cloves garlic, 2 shiitake mushroom thinly sliced ( use dried ones for more intense flavor)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- Handful of spring onion, cut into 2 inches long
CHICKEN MARINADE: 15 minutes
- 1/8 tspn sesame oil
- 5 tbspn of Lee Kum Kee first draw light soy sauce
- 1 tbspn sweet dark soy sauce
- Half tspn salt
- 1 tbspn xiao hsing wine
- 2 dashes of white ground pepper
- 3 small cubes rock sugar
- *200 ml water to use later for gravy
Marinade chicken with sauce mixture for 15 minutes.
Place in garlic cloves, mushroom and spring onion, continue to stir fry for another 1 minute or until garlics are lightly browned.
Add in marinated chicken along with it’s sauces, turn heat to low, sear for 30 seconds. Pour in water. Turn heat to high and bring to boil.
Turn heat back to low, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes. change sides of chicken every 15 minutes to make sure even flavors and colors absorbed.
*optional step : After 30 minutes simmering, with cover still on, turn off heat and let chicken soak inside pot with gravy for another hour before serving. This will allow chicken meat to absorb more flavors of the premium soy sauce.