Pasta Seafood Marinara RecipePrint This
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Half medium red onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 4 fresh Prawns with shells on, deveined
- 6 slices of squid
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- half canned of tomato paste or crushed tomatoes
- Pasta portion for two
- Water, sea salt and black pepper
- A few drops of Balsamic vinegar
Bring a deep pot of water to boil. Add in sea salt and few drops of olive oil.
Place in pasta and let simmer following the time given in pack’ instruction, or until al-dente. Drain and set aside. Keep 2 tablespoon of the pasta water.
Heat olive oil in pan with medium heat. Add in onion and let lightly browned. This shall take 3 to 4 minutes.
Put in garlic and continue stir for another 1 minute.
Add in Fresh parsley, basil and dried oregano, keep stirring till fragrant.
Quickly place in squid, prawns and tomato paste into the herbs mixture. Mix well, and let sear for 2 minutes.
Toss in pasta and it’s water into pan. Add balsamic vinegar and black pepper to taste. Stir for 1 minute.
Serve hot. Dress pasta with grated parmesan or your preferred cheese.