Korean Grilled Pork Belly – Samgyeopsal RecipePrint This
- 250g porkbelly or uncured bacon ( thickness , own preference. partially freeze porkbelly for easy slicing)
- 1 red onion (cut into rings)
- 1 cloves garlic ( thinly sliced)
For dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- *may also use korean chilly sauce instead
- Fresh lettuce for wrapping meat
If you do not have a hotplate, may use grilling pan instead. Heat pan with very small amount of oil ( do not use too much oil as oil will be forced out from pork belly while it’s grilling)
Lightly brown onion for 3 minutes, then add in garlic slices and meat. Let grill until it crisp and browned. ( at this stage the caramelized onion works in adding sweetness into, and boost the flavor of meat.
When meat is ready, serve hot with fresh lettuce and dipping sauces.