Homemade chicken broth RecipePrint This
- 3 roasted chicken carcasses / roasted bones & feet (may also use remains of a roasted chicken bought from cold storage or ntuc, best with roasted skin on)
- 4 medium sized Potatoes skinned and cut into 4 parts
- 2 Carrots skinned and cut into thick sliced
- 3 Onions cut into 4 parts
- 2 Over ripe tomatoes cut into 4 parts
- 2 Tablespoon of mini dried scallop
- 4 dried mussels
- 1000 ml water
- 1 Sweet corn
Sprinkle ground black pepper and a few drops of oil into bones or carcasses, put into oven to roast for 10 minutes. Set aside. Bring water to boil in a big deep pot
Put roasted chicken carcasses into boiling water . Boil for 15 minutes with medium heat.
Add in all other ingredients and continue to boil with high heat for 5 minutes.
Bring heat down to low, and let simmer for 2.5 hours.
* stocks can keep up to 2 weeks in freezer. To add in any dish you cook for a boost of flavors and minimize use of salt.
* this stocks doesnt require salt at all. At the end of cooking, all flavors of ingredients are concentrated and it can be taken as nutritious soup too (extended version of ABC soup)
*Options are available to either strain the stock, let cool and keep in freezer OR blend all ingredient for more intense flavor before straining to store.