Herbal Drunken Prawns RecipePrint This
- 8 live prawns ( devein and snip off legs only after marinated for hours)
- 3 slices danggui ( chinese angelica )
- 1 stick of dangshen ( codonopsis root )
- 3 pieces yuzhu ( solomon’ seal )
- 1 tbspn wolfberries
- 1 tspn light soy sauce
- 150ml of xiao hsing wine (if percentage of wine is higher then the amount use should be reduce)
- Half tspn sugar
- Salt to taste
- 600ml water
Marinade live prawns with xiao hsing wine for at least 3 hours.
Snip off prawns’ legs and return it into the wine. Set aside.
In a pot, Bring water to boil and then turn heat to low.
Place in all herbs except wolfberries. Cover pot and Let simmer for 30 minutes.
Pour in wine with prawns and sugar. Bring to boil then turn off heat. Add in wolfberries and cover pot to steep for 10 minutes.
Add light soy sauce and Salt to taste.