Hakka Style Stuffed Beancurd RecipePrint This
- 1 firm beancurd cut into 8
For pork mixture:
- 100g Minced Pork
- 1 Tbspn Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbspn finely chopped spring onion
- 2 finely chopped dried shiitake mushroom (soak till soft before use)
- 1 Tspn sesame oil
- 1/8 Tspn salt
- Few dashes of white pepper
For sauce mixture: May add ratio accordingly if need more sauce
- 2 Tbspn chicken stock
- 1 Tbspn oyster sauce
- Half tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tspn Cornstarch with 1 Tbspn water (mix in only during cooking sauce)
- Cornflour to coat beancurd
Mix all ingredients under pork mixture. Set aside
Slice firm beancurd into 8 parts. Create cavity in middle of beancurd careful not to break beancurd.
Scoop pork mixture to fill in the cavity. Heat oil in pan over high heat. Meanwhile coat beancurd with cornflour
Place beancurd with pork mixture faced down first, then follow with each sides. Pan fry beancurd until golden brown.
While the beancurd are browning, heat saucepot over medium heat, pour in sauce mixture and let boil, slowly stir in cornstarch with water into boiling sauce, turn heat to slow and simmer for 30 seconds.
To serve, pour sauce over crispy beancurd.