Claypot pork belly with salted fish (ham yu fah lam poh) RecipePrint This
- 130g pork belly thinly sliced (with skin or without)
- 5 thin slices old ginger
- 2 stalks scallion / spring onion cut into 2 inches long
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped.
- 40 g fresh salted fish, cut into small cubes ( use the non dried ones) , fried till crispy and set aside. Keep 2 tbspn of it’s oil for cooking this dish.
- 4 dried chillies
Marinade sauce for pork : 15 minutes
- 1/8 tspn sesame oil
- 1 tbspn oyster sauce
- Half tspn sugar and 1 tspn cornstarch
- 2 dashes white ground pepper
- 1/4 chicken cube (mashed)
Sauce mixture for cooking:
- 1 tbspn sweetened dark soy sauce
- 1 tbspn xiao hsing wine
- 3 tbspn chicken stock
Heat 2 tbspn oil (used to pan fried salted fish) in wok over medium heat.
Brown ginger and onions until fragrant. Then add in meat to sear. Cover wok let sear for 1 minute. ( you shall cook it longer if the cut of meat is thick)
Add dried chillies, fried salted fish, stir well. Immediately add sauce mixture, stir well, cover wok and cook for 2 minutes.
Place in spring onion and give it a quick stir.
Serve hot with a bowl of fragrant white rice.