Char Koay Teow (stir fry flat rice noodles) RecipePrint This
- 350g koay teow
- Half stick of chinese wine sausage thinly sliced
- 4 prawns devein with shells on
- Half Tbspn minced garlic
- Handful of beansprouts
- 2 eggs *optional ( I love mine without)
- Half handful of chinese chives cut into 2 inches long
- 2 Tbspn light soy sauce
- Half tspn fish sauce
- Half Tbspn dark soy sauce ( preferably dark soy with a hint of sweet flavor)
- *opting chinese wine sausage gives a unique wine fragrance into this dish.
- handful of cockles shells off
Heat up 1.5 Tbspn of oil in wok over high heat.
Stir fry prawns and wine sausage with minced garlic for 2 minutes.
Add in bean sprouts and stir well for another 30 seconds. Place in koay teow and sauce mixture. Stirfry for 3 minutes and until noodles are fully coated with sauce.
*optional step: crack eggs into wok and keep stirring like how you would to an omelette (i skipped this step as i prefer mine without egg)
Turn off heat and toss in chinese chives and cockles. Dish up and Serve hot.