Stir-fried ladies fingers in salted egg is a savoury dish many would choose to enjoy with a bowl of rice or hot porridge. It is the salted eggs that make this dish so appetizing. Then this ingredient has been put into much greater use, the best ever creation of snacks, Salted Egg Fish Skin!
The response is so overwhelming, more brands surfaced, one after another just to get a piece of the pie. Need not mentioning, Irvin’s is by far the most successful brand in Singapore.
Then I met Crusty’s at NTUC Fairprice and brought it home. Not too pricey, a pack of 100g costs me Sgd 7.30. To be honest, the first bite of it’s taste wasn’t impressive, but super crispy. As I binge on another piece, the taste of salted eggs finally kicked in, and it does taste really good. So it’s just uneven coating. Crusty’s provides an added flavours to consumers with their product Truffle salted egg fish skin. I would love to try this soon. Have you?
Upon finishing the big pieces, I’ve got leftover of all these small bits. Thinking not to let it go waste, I stirred it into ladies fingers dish the next day. Means less preparation compared to the original salted egg stir fried dish, yet with it’s flavour plus crispy texture. Bonus!
Refer below recipe for Stir fried ladies fingers with salted eggs fish crackers.
For Crusty’s products enquiry, click on https://crustyssg.com
Stir fried ladies fingers with salted egg fish crackersPrint This
- Ladies fingers 100g, cut into 2 cm long
- Ginger 3 slices
- 1 tbsp of chopped spring onions (white parts)
- 1 tbsp of julienned red chillies
- 1 tbsp of sliced garlic (I used more than 1 tbsp in this recipe, my girls love stir fried garlics!)
- Salted egg fish skin crackers (leftovers small bits) , about 3 tbsp. (any of your preferred brand)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Xiaoshing wine
1. Brown spring onions (white parts) and ginger low to medium heat for 30 seconds, then add in garlic. Continue brown until it’s fragrant.
2. Add in ladies fingers and chilies, stir and let it sear over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Slide in 1 tsp of light soy sauce at the side of wok, quick stir.
4. Pour 1 tsp of Xiao hsing wine, and stir quickly.
5. Immediately turn off heat, add in bits of salted egg fish skin, and give it a quick toss.
6. Serve hot with rice or porridge.